Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weaves and hairpeices make such a ruccus.


I started my day after the long drive in to San Mateo, outside San Fransisco, by finally drawing something on my car. It is a Sunfire right?
Photobucket
Vroom, Vroom. The highway to downtown is endlessly urban.
Photobucket
South San Fransisco is the industrial city. They are apparently proud of this by the looks of their mountain sign.
sanfran
The smog was in the city too. It might have been cloudy. This was the only city that I didn't get into at night, but getting to the metro area was good enough for me.
sfmoma
First stop was the SFMoMA. It was close to the highway and I was supposed to meet a friend nearby.
waldo
A few floors were closed. Damn it. They were installing what will open on December 19th but it didn't look that good. Can you find Waldo? That was so great. I hope it was just a street art thing.
Photobucket
The sculpture garden was alright if you're into bronze or steel. haven't I seen something similar to this before?
tom?
Wait no, it was bigger and bluer, better. I did appreciate the clean edges though.
toothpicks
New painting and sculptures were nice together. Chris Johanssen, Andrea Zittel, ya a lot of familiar names.
pink
The arrangement of the pieces didn't flow as good as they could have. I love when high school tour groups go through and teachers or whomever talk about works and ask kids questions. Well isn't that a unique use of materials? What do you think the artist was trying to say here? Shut up and enjoy the work already. Don't ask why until you really care.
cerulean
Color, color, color. How I love it so.
candice
Candice Breitz had 2 videos being shown. I usually hate video art in museums. These were wonderful. They used multiple screen so I'm not sure if you'd be able to view some of her work online but it's worth a shit. I was surprised that I liked them so much. John Lennon and Mothers were there.
cables
There are so many ways to get around the city. Bus, Rail, Cable Car, walking, biking, taxi, car, parachute. The electric wires above the road were a trip.
kids
It got really sunny out and kids had bagged lunches. Oh man I remember the good times.
transport
The cable cars and electric buses were racing about. Driving on the streets scared me because lanes were every which way.
fixies
Fixed gear was started in San Fransisco or something like that for bike messengers? Well there were so many and it made me miss my bike. In this city they weren't just for hipsters anymore.
horsecop
Oh and horse is a way to get around. Maybe just for cops.
beachfoam
I had to the Pacific Ocean for the first time. Sea foam was crazy. So chilly, and surfers were jumping in.
beach
Evening over the water and the sun wasn't even out to make a great sunset.
sanfran
The hills in the city were amazing. Stop signs and lights made my car freak out and rol backwards. People kept riding my ass and stopped right after me at a light, uh I had to roll back from taking my foot off the brake to give it gas.
buildinglights
I had no desire to do the touristy stuff anywhere really. i drove around the city to the waterfront and these buildings with their lights were pretty. I'm not sure if it's juts a holiday thing or not.
chinatown
I ended going through Chinatown. Lots of stuff I couldn't read. My car when it's not on the highway and running fast it makes a high pitch squeel. I got the looks, and the flames just enticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment