Sunday, December 27, 2009

Be on the lookout for.

DISCLAIMER: Before this situation I was completely fine, and because the Park was notified of my presence I was taken into 5150 protective custody.

Oh what the difference a few minutes can make. I had intended to leave for the night and come back tomorrow. Since my car is...sick I can't reverse as well as I would like so I got to a pull off that allowed me to turn around. A bunch of people were in what looked like a snowball fight and i got to the exit of the turn around and it was blocked by a Park Ranger. I sat patiently while I thought she making sure that those people were not pelting each other any longer when she got out of her SUV and came for my window.

I knew then what was going on and it involved me being patted down for weapons and being taken into protective custody.

I sat in the back seat warming up and waited for a few Rangers among others to go through what my options were. My options were pretty much either agree or be taken anyway, so I chose to get this shit over with. My lovely ex-girlfriend that cares SO MUCH about me notified the park that i was a danger to myself and it went from there. Meeting the Ranger in RMNP surprised me, and I had forgotten about that.

I was driven to Yosemite Valley to the medical center, my car was towed, and I was pretty much screwed for the rest of the night. The black KKK cloak in the corner added a sense of intrigue and wonder to the room.

As the pictures of Yosemite being in Yosemite left something to be wondered. So everyone was really nice and notified me that they were following my blog. I wanted to quell worries that everyone has and be on with my trip. After being away from my car (not being on edge that I had any weapons) I was in the hands of everyone else and they made me feel like I was among friends and not just people doing their jobs. For those of you reading that are curious about the art I have made a few examples can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/neonlumberjack/

There's one of the pine cones fully open, how wonderful. I was taken by ambulance to the town of Mariposa to be evaluated by by a mental health professional and be decided upon whether I could be released. I had to give a urine and blood sample for them to be sure I wasn't trippin balls or drunk. I waited around to be evaluated until 2am and had to reminisce my entire story after I graduated until now.

I don't like to be reminded of what I had lost, but I had no choice. I wanted to be checked out and on my way as soon as possible. At this point all I had my ID, computer, camera, and a lunchables graciously given to me by a Ranger. I was evaluated, and around 4am I was able to leave. I had to be driven my the Sheriff to a hotel that the county was going to pay for, and a way to get me back to my car was being figured out.

Now while I do not understand the light switches in this hotel room, I enjoy them. Well I woke to loud hammering outside my window as the place was being renovated outside. After that was pretty much pure inconvenience. I didn't want to go with Rangers to the medical center knowing that I was ok, and knowing the hassle getting my car would be. Being transported outside the park, and not having been given a bus pass, not having my wallet, I was stranded with no food. Luckily I arranged an agreement to pay for the room tonight at a later date and figured out what was happening with everything else later on. I do not want anyone to worry about me. I am an honest and open person, and by what has happened here is going to make me hide even ore from everyone. Ani, if you're reading: If you care about me, thank you, but I could have really used you as a friend right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment