Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fine wine doesn't make you classy, it just means you spend less on dildos and chapstick.


I procrastinated, angered, ended, worried, upset, freaked, destroyed, scared, ran, hid, talked, tried, panicked, lost, endangered, chose, lied, moved, thought. These are the things that I am here for, these are things that will be the end of me.
Photobucket
I decided to head the the crookedest street before I left San Fransisco. The way up the hills made me no longer wonder why the street was how it was.
crooked
Too bad you can't see it from you car, but the street zigzags back and forth, riding the brake at 5mph all the way down. Check it out on google for good pictures.
bridge
It was good that I had to go North to see the redwoods. The Golden gate bridge is spectacularly large. It looked in need of a fresh coat of paint, in maybe a nice chartreuse this time. there was a $6 toll southbound back to the city. Boy would that eat up you pay check everyday if you didn't make hella cash.
rainbow
The tunnel after the bridge through had rainbows painted on them. I liked it. I checked my rear view mirror to see if the other entrance was painted, and it was not. With San Fransisco's history it was a surprise that the rainbows weren't on the way INTO the city. maybe it was a Looney Tunes reference.
greenhill
The landscape showed its almost natural self afterwards. The cities plants were a wierd mix of desrt, tropical, evergreen and deciduous.
wincountry
I was driving through wine country it seemed, with all the grape vines and all I just assumed. Sonoma and Napa Valley let me know for sure.
flamin
My car is so dirty it won't be long before I get to draw on it again with something different.
country
The valley had similar landscape with grasses and some trees.
valley
Wherever there was level or somewhat level ground there were grapes.
redwoodish
As soon as the rolling hills began they ended immediately. 101 is also the Redwood Highway, and rightfully so. I did not start to see the giants until it had gotten dark.
aliens
I took a detour to take the coast highway just for a change because I know I'd be seeing the redwoods the day after. Aliens were on the beach, or intestines of something large. Seriously look at this alien looking mess.
beachrocks
Those strands were filled with air and juices, so I'm guessing kelp. Little garpe like air sacks littered the beach.
beach
It is very chilly near the sea. Windy, chilly, and bright.
rock
It's amazing that these rocks are still as large as they are. Being battered by the waves all day has got to be destructive.
flockofseagullshair
the wind made me have Flock of Seagulls hair.
ocean
I was pretty good as judging when the waves were going to come in really far and finally lost. Shoes soaked.
pacific
The beaches were great this time of day. It's never really warm here so it's better than a beach covered in towels and people.
sunsetwater
The grasses, the sand, the sunset.
pacnw
Right next to the beach started the Pacific Northwest wetness and pines. It wasn't very close to dark yet, but the woods were very dim. Really curvy roads again, and further into the redwoods the heavily touristed spots started springing up. The drive-thru tree, one log house, most of these are world famous they had boasted. Even hippie culture started showing up. "Out of gas, full of love." I would totally give someone a ride, but 4 people with a dog, sorry dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment