Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lewis and Clark was a gay parody of Superman right?


Montana makes such a big deal about Lewis and Clark having gone through the state. There are so many signs and markers and info about them everywhere. I bet they had one hell of a time getting through this incredibly large area.

I enjoy manipulated trees even though I don't understand why they have to be trimmed.

So you've seen piles of broken palettes or ones in dumpsters. Some of the trees that are cut go to make more! This world needs to get its head out of its ass. The color is nice though.

The trip to Yellowstone had only a backtrack available for travel. Winter makes roads impassable, and I always want to take new routes to see new landscapes.

The weather was a little different.

Snow moving up and over peaks never gets old.

The plains extend all the way through Montana and are very heavily grazed.

The land changes pretty rapidly and varies from sides of the road.

Trees pretty much vanished. Rolling hills with mountains in the background continued the whole way through the state.

Montana pride!

Look at that Stealth Fighter above the mountain. Well it's a bird.

A large iced over lake had ice fishermen shacks all over. A little flow to the lake created a fissure with large ice blocks gathered up.

These hills kept catching my attention. They are so beautifully snow covered.

There is absolutely no way to keep my widows clean. The roads are filthy, every car that passes shoots up salty water, and I have no wiper fluid. Someone before I had the Sunfire put water in the wiper fluid reservoir and let it freeze, this cracks the plastic and doesn't let it hold fluid.

The light on the bare grass were great.

The darkness of clouds make mountains almost black at times.

The mountains were always in the background and ripped through the clouds.

As soon as I crossed into Idaho trees started to show themselves. A really low cloud intrigued me ahead. The elevation was rather high, but the cloud looked like it straddled the ground.

And then I was IN the cloud.

It was really cool. The atmosphere covered everything a hundred feet away from wherever I moved. It was neat to be able to see everything around me.

The distances that were present created a lot of variety.

Even though the clouds did not cover the entire sky in Montana, when I got out of the cloud itself the sky looked so much more saturated.

I've seen all the low lying clouds hugging the mountains, and now I've been in one.

The valley rose again and I entered another cloud.

What I am guessing are wind screens vibrated against each other when they crossed one another. Since Kansas there have been wind and snow screens along the roadside.

After a while I was on top of a plateau. It was so flat and covered in potato farms. I was as high as the mountains so they even disappeared.

Hay, what did you get me for Christmas? So I was notified that Christmas is a week away. So far I have been dealing with my breakup and breakdown since before Halloween. I'm glad I've come this far and have seen so much beauty in the world. I hope that everyone that is reading is given a kick in the butt to see what beauty this world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment