Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So I thought I was going to California, but I ended up on the moon.


Waking up in Las Vegas is a song right? It sounds familiar. Well I didn't get married, I saw only one REAL church anyway. I did see a god looking young girl in her car in only a bar putting on makeup. I guess I'll bite...
riviera
Well pictures are a lot easier to take during the day. Vegas looses its luster during the daylight.
luxor
Street lights only illuminate the good looking spots and signs, but the day makes every nook and cranny show up.
ny
There were rollercoasters in a few of the resorts.
Photobucket
paris
The heavily themed resorts are so tacky and expensive cheap chic. Kind of like Carmel.
lv
Brand new buildings being constructed as I type are totally weird compared to everything else. I think Vegas' urban planning consists of build and tear down only, nothing seems to flow easily.
fashion
The mall on the strip is co cool though. Open air and so expensive.
palm tower
celltower2
I really don't think that cellphone towers are that noticeable or ugly. Streetlights are everywhere and look evil. I do like trees though, and they look so funnily out of place. I could understand a pine cell tower next to other pines...but no.
area51
The highway north felt odd because I knew that Area 51 and all that hush hush government stuff was on the other side of the mountains.
Photobucket
Some aircraft weren't secretive like this helicopter, and I kept seeing Predator drones. They are so alien looking.
road through
The drones are so small. No one inside, just controlled. Video games are totally teaching kids the future.
Photobucket
Red mountain being shaped by bulldozers, not sure if they are mining or what.
red soil
Death Valley seemed...dead.
death
It seemed like i visited a lot of places while I was at Death Valley.
death valley
moon
I went to the moon. Jenny O. should totally go to Death Valley. And she should bring some of her fungi fun friends.
sand
The first thing I did when i got to California was go to the beach right? Look at that tidal wave in the background, wait those are mountains.
dune brush
dune sky
Then I went to the Sahara Desert.
sanddunes
dunes
These dunes were gorgeous.
tracks
Some kind of wildlife with a tiny dirtbike rode all around the dunes, I bet he had fun. These are seriously lizard dirtbike tracks.
sand ridge
This is winter as far as the west coast is concerned, and it was 75 degrees out in Death Valley. The sun was intense, and in the car, the sun was unbearable.
valley grid
I was amazed when I saw how grid-like the plants were.
barren
Dry beds where water collects when it does happen to rain leave deposits of minerals.
barren lake
I have a Pontiac Sunfire, no rally car by any means, no sports car either. The roads through Death Valley were fun as hell. I guess the maximum grade on a highway can only be 6%, that's a 6 foot drop for every 100 feet of roadway. Theo roads here were 9% in some place with steep hairpin curves one right after the other, centripetal force slung my car around like there was no tomorrow. My poor car had to gun it up the grades at 4,000 rpms. The roads were just damn fun.
moon
I hate that sunsets always look gray even though they are so saturated, wait this was the MOON.
palms
After getting out of the Valley I ended up in a Naval Base town. Palms were the plant of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment