Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cows, wine, wind. Houses, hills, highways.

I am hanging out in the East Bay area waiting to possibly see a friend from Indianapolis. This friend is Erin K. drew.

The sun was out today and let me see the hills without the haze.

I have been trying to kill time and get my mind off of everything by going to see movies. I saw New Moon today, I was itching to see it since I was in Forks, Washington.

So the range is this green because of the climate and because the cows keep trees from growing and the grass short. I was excited to see a more natural landscape.

I kept seeing the types of vegetation that is natural to the area.

Around Oakland the area gets pretty industrial and ugly most times. The refineries looked alien being so large.

I slept most of the day, and watched the movie in the afternoon. I got caught in Oakland rush hour. It sucked and was slow. My brakes were so loud and I should be very worried about them, instead my stereo thankfully drowned it out.

I got into a valley that had side steep enough to not allow grazing so the natural vegetation was present. It was so green and thickly lush. The shipping yard n the light looked like imperial walkers from Star Wars.

It is interesting looking at the culture of America from kind of an outside perspective and seeing things very differently. Not participating in the holidays, seeing and hearing the Christmas culture is fun. I'll probably end up sleeping all Christmas day since nothing will open except movie theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment