Sunday, December 27, 2009

Look at the size of those pinecones!

On my way to Yosemite I saw some of the ugliest towns I have seen thus far.

A sculpture yard full of large steel works caught my eye. There was a full size triceratops on the other side of the business that was wonderful.

A lot of green still.

The hills rolled in and out, sometimes letting a glimpse of the snow capped mountains behind them.

The rock formations looked like buttes sometimes but with greenery all around.

The incredibly steep sides of some of the hills were great.

This part of the roadway was packed with cars along the road and sledding kids all around.

The steady green on the mountains made me feel like I could get lost in there just looking at it.

I couldn't see whether the hill everyone was sledding on had a backside or not, but it would be wonderful to get the speed down a hillside this steep.

Every once in a while a tall red tree trunk poked its way out of the green.

I love this image. The sun being subdued and the silhouettes of the trees was magnificent.


I got to Yosemite and damn that's a large pine cone! It makes the cones of the white pines I had used in works look so tiny.

Off of the road there was a surprise ahead for someone that took the time to explore. Oh what a good start the park was off to. Sadly I got there late and was going to turn back and camp outside the park when...

No comments:

Post a Comment