Monday, December 7, 2009

The Bigfoot Capitol, by that I don't mean a town hall, or chamber of commerce.


The pacific northwest is making me at ease. the scenery is gorgeous and the areas are just nice to be in.
pineends
The redwoods kept on comin, though not as large as they could have been.
greenery
I went to the Bigfoot capitol of the world.
bigfoot
For one, I was upset to not see Bigfoot. I was surprised that the town of Willow creek wasn't as Bigfooty as I would have hoped. The museum was closed, there wasn't a bigfoot crossing sign like I imagined. I mean they have bear, elk, deer, cougar, ducks...why not a bigfoot crossing?
bigfoothabitat
this is what bigfoot habitat looks like. The famous footage of the female bigfoot walking in the stream bed was taken a mile away.
iced
So that was a bust. On my way out of the town there were some good sights like this one. Not sure if this persons yard was supposed to be sprayed with a pipe all night or not. the water was on everything in their yard and froze over night to make it look like ice sculptures. The sun was in just the right spot to illuminate everything wonderfully.
eagle
The riverbed was full of fish and fishermen. I finally got to see not one, but a few, Bald Eagles. i hear they are in Indiana sometimes, but I've not seen one up close. he got scared and flew off, making other eagles fly towards me. They are so color by numbers it's wonderful.
fired
The road was travelled by logging trucks, though I saw few patches of cleared forest. There was a huge area near a town that was completely burnt though. It must have happened a years ago, and I suspect that the new buildings that were in the town had been burned down. i did see quite a few controlled burns on the way. They were small and pitiful.
logs
I saw a humongous pile of logs awaiting to become lumber. they spray water over them to keep them moist, and the drips were frozen really cool.
lakewater
The lakes in this part of the country are so blue.
deadtown
An old town that was abandoned and made into a museum near the roadside. It was prime realestate, Don't know why they hadn't restored them and made them into Yankey Candle Company shops, and Thomas Kinkaide dealers.
shastalake
Shasta lake was really odd. The water line was tremendously low. The rim was overgrown, and boat ramps went down a hundred feet and then stopped before they even got to water. i wonder if the water is ever where it's supposed to be.
caliclouds
Trees! A lot of trees.
shastatrees
Volcano! That stood out so much. It is the only snow capped peak anywhere around.
shasta
Perhaps two volcanoes? It got really cold the further north I came.
volc
And a totally different looking volcano. This one wasn't too high, was really gritty with no trees.
volcflat
A peak with its top blown off. reminded me of Mount St. Helens. Which I may see by the way.
valcanoe
Wonderful sledding hill if it had a big snow fall.
Photobucket
Such a lonely mountain. Reminded me of myself. Surrounded by trees.
oregon sets
I entered Oregon! I'm on my way to see Crater Lake, which most roads will be closed for the winter so it shouldn't take too long to enjoy. In Oregon you are not allowed to pump you own gas. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment