Friday, December 11, 2009

'Cause I'm not going home, I'm running free.


Of course I have felt lonely. I have been sad most of the time when I am not surrounded by an immense landscape, but things have changed. Knowing what I know now, compounded with what I had known makes me feel completely empty inside. It is hard dealing with so many issues all at once, but it is very gratifying to have a clear purpose with an end.
Photobucket
Well I really like Portland. A lot. It seems like such a great city to live in. The free paper had this great looking art on it. I mean look at that, and it wasn't an article on an artist, it was the police cover story. Birthing vomiting heads? Great.
washingtonst
Washington! What a lame name for a state, it even has Washington's head on the flag.
wash
Well it's the evergreen state, but there were plenty of deciduous trees. More than I saw in Oregon.
stopped
But this is a view that I saw fora half hour. THIS view of THESE trees.
wreck
And this is why. Oh a truck lost one of its axles, that couldn't be good.
wreckmess
Uh, nope. Not good at all. This semi was ravaged.
country
A store called Country Cousin (isn't that just a girlfriend?) caught my eye since I was so very hungry after sitting in traffic with no breakfast or lunch in my tummy. I have a small stomach now, since I'm single and like to eat nothing but sweets. Mostly because The woman I love no longer cooks for me, and being love sick just makes me not hungry that often. I am eating a chocolate covered brownie and hot chocolate at a coffee shop right now though, I'll discuss this later.
washington
A lot of evergreens.
rainier
This damn volcano was angering me. It is SO large and SO beautiful, but it was harder than hell to get a picture of. I will be there soon though.
tacoma
Tacoma was eh. It's a port city, what can I say. I saw a jackass driving a Toyota Tacoma and laughed at him. I want to drive a Ford Indianapolis. What an awful car that would be. It would yell at cyclists for you.
Photobucket
So I have seen the speed monitored by aircraft signs since Missouri. I finally saw not one, but three small planes alongside the highway really low and slow. How bad would that be to get pulled over by a trooper and be told that a plane is giving you a ticket?
seattle
Seattle has a nice skyline. The space needle is so small in comparison though. I thought that would be the main sight.
seattleart
The Seattle Art Museum was nice. Only two floors were gallery space. I hate when museums have so many levels, but only some have art.
aborginese
They had a nice Aboriginal collection. I've not seen that represented much.
african
A large African contemporary selection. I love it when African galleries lump in African American artists and leave them out of the American section. It alleviates me having to wade through all the slavery inspired crap. No Kara Walker in sight, good.
calder
Two special exhibitions: Michelangelo and Calder. The Mike exhibit was nothing but sketches or arms and quick figure studies for the Sistine Chapel. What a boring but expensive show. People that love art regardless of quality, but just because its someones name...ugh. The Calder exhibit had a lot of work, but only one was moving. I tried to walk passed at a quick pace and got yelled at. I didn't touch anything, and they are supposed to move. It's not like I went through with a leaf blower.
porcelain
The porcelain section was GREAT! Well it was displayed great. I'm not about the porcelain.
installation
An installation was well done, not great, but ok.
inperson
It's rewarding to see a work that you've always seen in print and find out that you either love it or hate depending on how you liked it before. I never gave this painting a second glance until I saw it here. Great American Nude.
cars
The entire west coast has a large asian art fetish. I can see why, but Chinese photographers suck. The installation of the SAM atrium was nice to see in person. It would have been great to see the tigers though.
manhole
Even the manhole covers have Pacific Northwest designs.
sealib
So when one hears of another far away city's public library you've got to think there's a reason. Seattle's central library is awesome. It is eleven stories high.
library
It looks like a spaceship interior.
seattlelib
It is cool.
cafevita
So this cafe in Olymia, Washington is nice. I have had to frequent coffee shops everywhere to use wireless and to charge up. I do not like coffee so hot chocolate is the answer. Caffe Vita downtown Olympia has hands down the best hot chocolate.
I had not thought it completely through, but learning of my co-dependency leads me to believe that I am not only dependent on the girl that I love, but my friends as well. I gives me great joy to talk to people that I know, but not in a normal way. I have had to let go of my relationship with the girl I love completely, best friend and all. I will have to do this with everyone in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment