Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Body Lost Control Of Its Soul.


Motel 6 sucks, having no alarm clock is a pain and their sheets look like they belong to a well traveled kid. the images are so tacky, and I've seen a lot of them too so its weird. But sleeping in a warm place is great.

Reno is very close to Carson City and Lake Tahoe I found out.

As soon as I got onto the Interstate I was near Lake Tahoe. The Porsche SUV's and Landcruiserss were an indication, but the kind of homes on the way were a dead give away. These suburbs put Carmel to shame. It is sad that they are reaching ever higher into the mountains to ruin the views.

I want to enjoy the little time I spend in an area, but so many SUV's were behind me in a hurry to get to the ski lodges I got terrible pictures. The windy roads had magnificent views of the mountains, but were always obscured by guardrails or snow banks.

The cutest little towns bordered the lake. people were enjoying the little beach even this time of year which was great. Most of the beaches are so cold that there aren't even people in summer.

The lake was free of boats and was so blue. The people were having a good time making snowmen on the beach and throwing snowballs.

Little towns with populations of 200 were all along the banks of the lake and were so quaint. As I took the road out I got higher into the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

I have come to realize that when I am bored with the scenery I take more pictures, of course it is all beautiful, but I just LOOK at the stuff I really enjoy.

I was stricken with an overwhelming sense of joy as I got into the Sierra Nevada's.

I kept thinking of how I will spend my last days here and how great a place it is to do so.

The greenery, the warm snow, the mountains, all so great.

As I got further into the Sacramento Valley I started to see the polluted haze that I saw before in the San Joaquin Valley. The haze turned into dark clouds and it started to rain. The area has such green grass and vegetation for this time of year, even the trees are just starting to loose their leaves.

Sacramento is only 25 feet above sea level and has its own shipping route. A large wetland area surrounds the shipping route.

I got into downtown Sacramento and boy was that weird. It's California's capitol, and is a larger city, but nobody was home apparently. There were few cars driving, and less parked downtown.

Businesses weren't open and the city just looked abandoned. It was early afternoon so there should be some people around even though it's Sunday right?

Well Sacramento is one of those cities. The suburbs were loaded with people. I wasn't able to go downtown and do anything so I stopped to see Avatar. the visual effects were amazing, the story was kind of lame. i got a sore throat from talking to someone today, it just shows how little I have been using my vocal chords. Being near the Sierra Nevada's is making me have clear focus. It's been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment