Monday, December 14, 2009

I've been down on myself lately.


So my stereo gave me another surprise this morning. The guy shoveling snow outisde my car was jamming to some cool beats. So when I got to my car it barely had a charge. So I TRY to keep it plugged on so MAYBE it will play something on my journey. It rewards me with a dead battery. So I had to give her a jump.

I've had my ups and downs lately especially, and my car does not add to my joy. In the meantime while I was getting a jump the snow fell on my warm windshield and created a nice screen.

The entire day I had low visibility not only because of the weather, but because of the cake of salt and dirty snow on my car.

The scenery was hidden by the snowy atmosphere.

Mountains came in and out of focus.

The icy blue sky came over the mountains and eventually the mountains let up on the landscape.

The trees stopped and the flatness began.

I had no idea that eastern Washington was almost barren. Irrigation made possible the farming that was prevalent most of this portion of my trip.

On side were the fading snow covered mountains, and on the other a barren mountain side.

Desert like brush covered the ground.

the landscape reminded me of Kansas other than the farming.

The hills were covered with small brush.

A reservoir was in the midst of this area and provided energy and water for irrigation.

Above the damn was a vantage point that allowed view of the landscape.

Alfalfa and potatoes were the main crop that I saw. I guess since Idaho was famous for potatoes it was no wonder that potatoes were here.

Any body of water that was slow enough or small enough was frozen over and looked amazing.

The sun was setting underneath the cloudy air.

The rolling hills were almost all farmed. The difference between the flatness of the plains and this was that Washington was all crops. The natural beauty of the land was hidden.

At least it was sunny in the plains. And my car windows were dirty as hell most of the time no matter how often they were cleaned.

This is the only landscape that bored me. I felt like taking a nap, and I had a good nights sleep last night too.

Rocks began to break the surface. It was sort of a moonscape.

A train that was pulling....nothing but empty carts. It was nice to break up the monotony.

Nearing Spokane, Washington trees started up again. Woodland pines were everywhere until the city started. Spokane looks not important.

Welcome to Idaho! There were a lot of people along the highway here. I was just expecting a Republican potato farmer every once in a while.

The mountains rose up as soon as I crossed the border. The trees were full of sticky snow.

Great images were hard to come to fruition with low light, speed, and dirty windows.


The entire day was caste in this blue.

Lakes, trees, roads were all blue.

I love this image. To get clearer pictures I had to auto correct for my speed. I turned the camera towards scenery to not get just a blur. Look at that tail light!

As time goes on I think more and more about what this trip of mine means to me and everyone else. I have extended my journey because I am afraid of what my original intentions meant to me. With more and more days I can see both the good and the bad. What I learn everyday I have to comprehend and balance it with what I am seeing.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful images. Do you get the chance to get out and play often? Spokane may be unimportant, but I hear its a nice place to settle.

    ReplyDelete