Saturday, November 21, 2009

They're flat with shit painted on em, stupid sayings like "sex" or "killin' birds"


I liked Kansas City a lot. I left it with en even more broken heart. The Lotus is a very tiny and fast car. Even still. My heart was racing so I had to get out of the city so I could think about what I learned before I left.
lotus
I had to empty my milk because there was an awful stink that I assumed came from wither that or from my lack of showering. My milk didn't pour bur rather oozed out of the jug. And thankfully when I opened my car door to garb my toothbrush and toothpaste my pajamas fell onto my milk. Off to a great start.
milk
Just entering Kansas was a culture shock. first the traffic was slow for no apparent reason, motorcycle cops kept passing everyone in the shoulder and all the cars in the far left lane had their flashers on. Was this some Kansas etiquette I knew nothing of?
cop
It was a funeral procession, on the highway. Ok, that made sense.
funeral
Then I see a last FREE exit sign. Free exit? What? You want less people to visit Kansas? I-70 is a toll road until you get to Topeka. It cost $2.50 just to pass through onto I-70 after Topeka.
freeexit
before Topkea I was amazed to see very hilly terrain and trees everywhere. There was a lot of industrial waste and old farm equipment. Then, then I saw what I had invisioned Kansas to be. Pretty flat with rolling hills and few trees.
Photobucket
Didn't see as many cows as I thought I would have.
cows
Rolling prairie.
rolling
And then a horse on an overpass. I don't think this was any kind of Monon-like trail, just horses on an overpass.
Photobucket
The terrain was sparse with trees and bushes.
sparse
Ah, the wind. Very windy out here most of the time I assume. I am not sure where to power goes to since there are so few people here but at least they are becoming sustainable and movinf forward...INDIANA..hint. (I know you've tried with the Benton County wind farm)
wind
When the sun came outover the plains it was spectacular.
sun
Then there was an overturned semi with casualties that was a downer. Hay was everywhere.
truck
Then the sun set with a tremendous pink glow on the horizon.
pink
When you gotta go, you gotta go.
Photobucket
That's just kroger brand Citrus Blast, I drink too much for my urine to ever be that yellow.
blue
After sunset the sky was a magnificent dark blue. Even more rich than a photo taken through a dirty car window at 70 miles per hour can show.
military
Uh, I passed a military base but got terrible images. There are more war machines to start at least another war with someone. Let's pick on Canada for once.
dream
Russell, Kansas was the cutest, smallest, pointless town. I wanted to get gas and see if there was anything to do other than that. Their Main St. had a lot of Christmas shops. Behind the city hall a Christmas shop had put up lights in the parking lot. Perhaps its up all year, never know.
russell
Apparently the town was once a booming oil town, it had a lot of old oil rigs and "sculptures" depicting the towns history with oil. I thought of Tom Streit's work with this shot.
oil
What is a J turn? Is it the same as a U turn? If so, they could save a lot on signs. There was a no J turn sign every intersection on every corner sometimes multiple times.
jturn

dark
When I left Russell it was pitch black. I mean black, the only lights were the crescent moon and my headlights. You could cause havoc in the city with darkness such as this. Something Kansas City obviously thought of with all of its illumination.
Photobucket

Well Love's gas station implies 5 hearts on their sign and I have only had two thus far in my life. I hope one of these loves of mine reads Magical Wonderfulness and knows that I still love her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment