Thursday, November 19, 2009

Almost as beautiful as my best friend.


Props to my car for making even this far with no hiccups except the usual not wanting to start. But once she's going, she's going good.
Photobucket
Listening to Katy Perry, some is good alright. Just makes me think of Katy Perry though, mmm, but the only reason I want to think of her is because she reminds me of the girl I love, mmm.
katy perry
The traffic into Kansas City was fast and hellacious. Trying to document this only made things dangerous.
traffic
I was amazed to see that there were two major skylines, and got dropped downtown. Um, Kansas City is beautiful. St. Louis was gross, Indy is pretty, but KC is beautiful. And what a weird art city?
Kansas City
I cruised up and down the newly made Power and Light District in awe at the pretty lights and all the yuppies going into fancy bars and restaurants.
power and light downtown
convention center
I knew artists were somewhere so I went looking and found the Crossroads Arts District.
I walked the neighborhood looking for a place to piss, KC is the brightest damn city I've seen. No dark streets or alleys.
KC
dinner
I came across YJ's snack bar to ask where the fun was at and ended up staying for hot chocolate and a oversized cookie, not a normal meal but not unusual for me.
YJs
The city is putting up a new performing arts center which is humongous and cool. The talk is that the artists will be driven out of downtown soon after which sucks.
performing arts center
The Crossroads is pretty and looks trendy and mostly new but still maintains the gritty DYI look that Fountain Square maintains. I got tired of walkng and found a place to sleep. KC is hillybut it worked to my advantage sleeping head in my trunk feet out the middle of the seats, it evened things out and people couldn't see my face and wonder "what-whats this kid doing here? i should wake him up and ask." Before I slept I found an auto body shop with out an art installation but deserving of the title "VICE-Official Missouri Inspection Station".
VICE
I love this city and am staying another night to go to some openings and maybe make some friends. I miss my home terribly, but there is no home for me anymore without my family in it. I miss you all. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment