Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm following you around because I want to meet you but I am afraid to talk to you because everytime I think of you, I think of her.


This city makes me feel really good so I am afraid to leave. I'm trying to get better, like I had promised someone, but I have been really depressed and happy and numb all throughout my days. Downtown is still pretty.
downtown
On my way to the Kemper museum of contemporary art and the Nelson-Atkins art museum, driving down main street there are a lot of cool places including Sidekicks. I'm guessing either Sidekicks or Best Buddies next door is a gay bar, two next to one another perhaps? Either way the american flag rainbow is gorgeous and makes it so that I can buy one instead of make one myself, finally.
american rainbow
The Kemper, Nelson-Atkins, and art institute of Kansas City are all next to one another. The campus is nice, no grad program so useless to me. It was finals so it was terrible trying to meet people, that and I look like a bum, and my awkwardness and creepy nature overshadow my niceties. Damn it.
Photobucket
I enjoyed the Nelson's modern and contemporary sections over what was at the Kemper at this time. But displays change.
nelson atkins

squirrel
The area is surrounded by large homes and many many squirrels.
art institute
Not much on campus was worth documenting except this sculpture amongst the trees. Needless to say the campus is gorgeous compared to the endless parking lots of IUPUI, and no damn academic kids.
delorean
I tried to get ahold of someone I could network with, and since I don't have a phone I had to find a payphone. Payphone was broke but a freakin Delorean drove up. Who has a Delorean!? This guy, and it was in great condition.
north african dinner
I've been hanging out at Yj's snack bar since most of the businesses close down by 8, kind of like Indy. I had the North African dinner as it was Thursday evening (daily rotation of meals each night). I don't have a wide pallette that's not sugar or chocolate so other than what I was told was lamb, I had no idea what I was eating. Cous-cous is there somewhere? Then RIGHT after I ate I saw this graffiti:
lambchop

alley
Not knowing anyone really makes it hard to find stuff to do so I just walked around the alleys and found that there are a tone of design firms, studios, lofts, artsy shops, coffee houses, and film studios.
firm
design firm
studio
Ha, this girl is the closest thing to a friend that I have here. She works at Yj's. She's so nice.
yjs snack bar
yjs front
birdies
Birdies is a lingerie shop next door to all these teddy bears.
artists shop
obama teddies
An artist maintains this tiny shop as a fashion designer and uses it to sell works and changes the installation out every so often.
normalcy
I felt that way exactly! Now I'm doing what everyone would like to do.
bank
missouribank
bank outside
This is Missouri Bank. A bank. An artsy, actual working bank, designed, with artwork inside, and on the billboards on the roof bank. Wile E. Coyote set up this roadblock for the roadrunner. It may have worked, as I did not see either of them.
roadrunner

home last night
This is where I call home. This made me think of you. And how much I love you. Close and far.
love you
I love you Niis. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment