Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm not gay because I am going to use my penis for what Jesus fought for in th Civil War.


Not having any friends made there very few things to do in Kansas City for free so I went back to the Nelson-Atkins and Kemper. It was so sunny and a relief because it has rained almost non-stop. The KC art institute is behind me.
me g
I'm not too into stainless steel but without the concrete pedastals it would have looked like these were thrown at the buildings. Which is a dream.
sculpt
Didn't care to read up on this painting but these guys look like really good, good friends to have stood there and posed for hours on end.
gay

room2
The original portion of the Nelson Atkins has really nice room set ups. They made me think of what Ani would love to have on hand to make sets from.
room

not art
A Henry Moore sculpture room is being set up now and the construction in the buildings is still beautiful in itself.
lamp
I love Art Nouveau so Tiffany lamps are amazing especially when you've seen so many plastic knock offs. Look at those crabs at the base!
headdress
They actually had an amazing Native American exhibit. Not like the Eiteljorg at all, but actual Native American art and artifacts. Of course I love the simple materials and high craft and ingenuity.
shoes
I would totally wear these moccasins! Well of course they are women's moccasins, of course.
pcnwhd
The Plains art is only rivaled by the Pacific Northwest art section.
armor
It was refreshing to see a British display that wasn't boring and tasteless. Look at that STALLION! And look at that horse too!
kemper
The Kemper's exterior leaves more to be imagined but the interior has plenty of angled walls for gallery space that is quite nice. It's very comfortable and intimate inside.

Photobucket
The garlic. Oh the garlic went into her sol, seoul, sohl.
graf
Exactly.
Photobucket
I stumbled upon this the first night but didn't photograph it, I just looked at it twirl. Ani, you would love this. You all would love this city. I am leaving for Denver right now and have for sure decided that I am never coming back. I am on permanent vacation and no one should think otherwise. No one should miss me, please forget I was ever there, and enjoy that I am here, NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment